Placental Tissue Matrix Therapy (PTMT)
Regenerative medicine is a branch of translational research in tissue engineering and molecular biology which deals with the "process of replacing, engineering or regenerating human cells, tissues or organs to restore or establish normal function". This field holds the promise of engineering damaged tissues and organs via stimulating the body's own repair mechanisms to functionally heal previously irreparable tissues or organs.
One of these methods is Placental Tissue Matrix Therapy (PTMT). If chronic soft tissue, joint, neck, or back pain is preventing you from enjoying your life or threatening to result in surgery or joint replacement, placental tissue matrix therapy may be the answer for you! Your body contains a variety of highly specialized cells that work together with other cells in your body to heal damaged tissue.
Our joints, cartilage, ligaments, muscles and bones are constantly breaking down/deteriorating due to wear and tear and injury. And our body naturally helps rebuild and heal these joints with the help of a variety of cells and growth factors.
Unfortunately, as we age both the number and potency of our healing cells decrease and this regenerative process loses efficiency. This helps explain why when we cut our finger at age 8, the wound heals quickly and without a scar; whereas the same cut finger at age 50 takes much longer to heal and may result in a scar. Why do cellular tissue rejuvenation industry leaders use placental tissue matrix products? Because they are the closest thing to a time-machine we have!
The natural cells and other natural biological components contained in placental tissue matrix products are:
- brand new/maximally potent
- free of tissue rejection concerns because of amniotic cells’ immune-privileged status
- easy to administer
- anti-inflammatory—reduce pain and stiffness
- contain hyaluronic acid—improves joint mobility
- contain growth factors that stimulate stem cells to work at maximal capacity
- do not require an invasive procedure to obtain
- less expensive and much less difficult to obtain than cells obtained by other methods such as bone marrow or liposuction
The fact that our placental tissue products come from the maternal placenta that is disposed of by hospital personnel after newborn delivery eliminates ethical, political and moral concerns once associated with stem cell therapy. Not only do the mothers who donate their placentas undergo rigorous health screening and have their pregnancy closely monitored, their baby must be born healthy and numerous other criteria must be satisfied in order for the placenta to be accepted and processed by our FDA-cleared lab.
In the simplest of terms, placental tissue matrix therapy takes advantage of your body’s ability to repair itself. With placental tissue matrix therapy, your physician/medical provider injects a small amount of our placental tissue matrix product into your damaged joint, spine, or wound. Not only does placental tissue matrix therapy provide anti-inflammatory benefits seen with “cortisone injections” (“steroid shots”); it also has numerous other regenerative benefits that make cellular therapy with placental tissue matrix product the ultimate non-surgical treatment for chronic joint pain.
The possibilities with cellular therapy are limitless. Treatment with placental tissue matrix product therapy has the potential to dramatically improve or even cure thousands of musculoskeletal, wounds, and other conditions. The role of the cellular components in regenerative medicine “stems” from their ability to transform damaged tissue into healthy, revitalized (new) tissue. The placental tissue matrix product is introduced into the body by injection to replace diseased or injured cells in body tissues or organs, where they then regenerate the damaged/unhealthy tissues (damage resulting from aging, trauma, disease, etc.) into healthy cells.
Goals of placental tissue matrix therapy:
- Help restore or improve the function of muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, or other damaged tissues
- Reduce pain associated with damaged tissues in joints, low back, neck, and other body areas.
- Improve and heal wounds.
- Reduce the pain, immobility and risk of amputation associated with wounds.
Placental tissue matrix products are known scientifically as tissue allografts. They are derived from amniotic tissues; scientifically proven to support soft tissue repair, reduce inflammation, and minimize/reduce scar tissue; and FDA-cleared for use in the U.S.
- Safe, effective, easy to inject
- Eliminate the need for painful, time-consuming, invasive and expensive procedures such as bone marrow aspiration or subcutaneous fat removal many medical practices use to obtain adult stem cells
- Obtained from placental/amniotic tissues (birth waste products) from healthy mothers with healthy newborns
- Contain growth factors, cytokines, hyaluronic acid, and other cells that promote maximal rejuvenation of damaged tissue
- Composed of brand new, maximally powerful cells that do not possess aging or other concerns (telomere shortening, etc.) associated with cells obtained from adults (liposuction-derived)
- Not associated with cancer, transfer of genetic disease, or tissue rejection
- Promote tissue repair by creating a natural scaffold to facilitate cellular adhesion while assisting cellular migration and proliferation
- Promote soft tissue reconstruction through growth factors found in amniotic tissue
- Promote cellular proliferation and new collagen formation and minimize scar tissue formation
- Reduce inflammation and pain because they contain Interleukin-1 receptor antagonists and Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase proteins that suppress and modulate inflammation and pain
- Do not cause immune system concerns or tissue rejection because they are immune-privileged (Do not evoke an immune response in the human body
It doesn’t take long to justify the cost of placental tissue matrix therapy. Usual financial costs of chronic joint, spine, and wound problems include:
- Multiple physician visits/year
- MRIs and CT scans
- Prescription anti-inflammatory and narcotic pain medications
- Braces, orthotics, canes, walkers, and other assistive devices
- Physical therapy
- Travel time and cost to receive all of the above
Many people suffer with joint and spine problems for 30-50 years. Pain and suffering aside, the financial and other costs of not receiving placental tissue product therapy early in that lengthy process is staggering! If you factor in that current costs for joint replacement average around $40,000 – $50,000, the relatively nominal amount you would spend early in this process on a potential cure for your problem seems like money extremely well spent.
Also, if you have a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Medical Savings Account (MSA), you can use those funds to finance your treatments as long as the treatment is prescribed by a physician. Check with your HSA/MSA account administrator to confirm if your health savings account will allow you to use your HSA/MSA funds to pay for your treatment.
PX50™ & DX100™
PX50™ & DX100™ are part of Skye’s BioRenew® PTM Therapy™ product line, and are designed specifically for treating in-office non-operative conditions, sports medicine and interventional applications. PTM Therapy™ products are derived from donated human placentas, and provide a complete, high-performance biologic solution to effectively support the body’s natural regenerative process. PTM Therapy is used to treat patients who are suffering from various injuries and degenerative conditions, by supplementing or replacing the damaged or inadequate connective tissue at the injury site . Many of these conditions are very painful, result in limited mobility, are difficult to heal, and may lead to surgery if left untreated. Common connective tissue injuries include:
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Rotator Cuff & Labral Tears
- Calcific Tendon, Frozen Shoulder
- Facet Joint Disorders
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Dysfunction
- Tennis Elbow, UCL Strains
- Stress Fractures
- Bursitis, Synovitis
- Tendinitis, Tendinosis
- Knee & Hip Osteoarthritis
- ACL, PCL, Meniscus Tears
- Degenerated Joints
- Tendon, Ligament, Muscle Strains
- Turf Toe, Hallux Limitus
- Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Pain
PTM Therapy™ replaces the body’s damaged or missing connective tissue at the area of injury with a highly-functioning ExtraCellular Matrix derived from the placental source. The ExtraCellular Matrix is the interconnected system of Collagens, Growth Factors, and Bioactive molecules that provides the structural foundation for our body’s tissues and biochemical support to the surrounding cells. BioRenew® PTM Therapy™ has been shown to successfully treat a variety of injuries and painful chronic conditions. The following chart measures the pain score reduction achieved following treatment of lower extremity tendon injuries, in a published clinical study. Amniotic Fluid Products - Some processors make product simply from the amniotic fluid. This fluid is 98% water, and collects some of the biologic components of the placenta during pregnancy, making it a secondary and diluted source of these biologic components.
Amniotic Membrane Particulates - Other processors grind up amniotic membrane wound coverings, creating a limited biologic powder or ‘injectable’.
PX50™ & DX100™ PTM Therapy™ - Only Skye Biologics provides a complete placental biologic solution, with the complete range of beneficial components from the placental source, in a fluid form. Amniotic Fluid - Intended for use as a viscosupplement
Amnion Membrane Particulates - Indicated for use only as a wound covering
PX50™ & DX100™ - Intended for all areas of damaged or inadequate connective tissue
Connective tissue has broad application, as it is the most prolific tissue type in the human body; it creates our skin, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and bone, wraps nerves and lines the other tissue layers.
Amniotic Fluid - Cryopreserved Only
Amnion Membrane Particulates - Cryopreserved Only
PX50™ & DX100™ - Cryopreserved and Ambient
Only PTM Therapy™ is offered in both Cryopreserved (frozen) and the industry’s first Room Temperature option. Only PTM Therapy provides a complete biologic solution, derived from the natural placental source.
Hyaluronic Acid - Provides concentrated hyaluronans, for use as a viscosupplement.
Platelet-Rich Plasma - Provides concentrated growth factors from the patient’s blood. Requires a needle to draw the blood.
Adipose Stem Cells - Manually concentrates cells from the patient’s fat tissue. Requires a liposuction procedure to source the fat.
Bone Marrow Aspirate - Manually concentrates cells from the patient’s bone marrow. Requires a surgical procedure with sedation to draw the marrow.
Recent News & Updates
In order for our bodies to function properly, without issues or without pain, we need to ensure we are exercising…
Back pain is one of the more common physical ailments that doctors and specialists treat, and it can show itself…
If you’re experiencing back pain, you may find that it can begin to take a huge toll on your quality…
We offer the following Interventional Pain Management and Spine Treatment Options:
Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection with Contrast
Cervical Radiofrequency Neurotomy
Cervical Selective Nerve Root Block
Epidural Steroid Injection – Lumbar
Epidural Steroid Injection – Cervical
Facet Joint Injection – Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar
Ganglion Impar Block
Genicular Nerve Ablation
Genicular Nerve Block Joint Injection – Knee, Hip, Sacroiliac Joint, Shoulder
Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
Lumbar Sympathetic Block
Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection
Medial Branch Block – Cervical,Thoracic, and Lumbar
Occipital Nerve Block
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
PRP Therapy for Achilles Tendon Pain
PRP Therapy for Chronic Back Pain
PRP Therapy for Chronic Knee Pain
PRP Therapy for Hip Arthritis
PRP Therapy for Peroneal Tendonitis
PRP Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
PRP Therapy for Shoulder Pain
PRP Therapy for Whiplash
Radiofrequency Ablation – Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Cervical Facets
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Lumbar Facets
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Thoracic Facets
Sacroiliac Joint Injection
Spinal Cord Stimulation
Stellate Ganglion Block
Stem Cell Therapy
Stem Cell Therapy Avascular Necrosis of Hip
Superior Hypogastric Plexus Block
Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection
Thoracic Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection
Trigger Point Injection
Visco-supplimentation for Arthritis Knee