What is Bone Marrow?
Bone marrow is a spongy substance that is found within your bones. This is where the production of red blood cells, white blood cells, and plasma rich platelets occur. They also contain immature forms of these cells which are known as stem cells. These immature stem cells are versatile cells as they can turn into a variety of different types of cells or tissue. This characteristic makes them perfect for regenerative medicine and regenerative therapy.
What is BMAC and Where Does it Come From?
Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC) is a component of your bone marrow that can be used to promote healing in soft tissue as well as in bones. BMAC is a complex solution of growth factors as well as anti-inflammatory proteins and various cells that work together in this healing process.
What is BMAC Therapy?
BMAC injections is a form of regenerative therapy that uses stem cells from your own bone marrow in order to promote healing for various conditions. It’s a great regenerative therapy option because it prompts a rapid and efficient restoration process of tissue or bone. It’s a natural solution for certain conditions and ailments as it stimulates the body’s healing process.
The entire BMAC procedure only takes about 30 minutes total from start to finish.
Step 1: Bone marrow is harvested, usually from the Posterior Superior Iliac Crest (PSIS) which is part of the pelvic bone, just above the buttock. (5-10 minutes)
Step 2: BMAC is concentrated through centrifugation, utilizing a specialized device for this process (14 minutes)
Step 3: BMAC is isolated from the rest of the bone marrow components (2 minutes)
Step 4: BMAC is injected into or applied to a predefined location for a specific purpose (5 minutes or less)
Advantages of using BMAC and Regenerative Injection Therapy
BMAC and regenerative injection therapy has it’s advantages over some other forms of healing procedures. Here are a few benefits you will get from BMAC injections:
- Reducing the necessity for major surgery
- Treat injured tissues before the damage progresses any further and greatly reduce the need for surgery
- The goal of regenerative therapy is to heal the injured tissue, not just mask the pain
- A quicker healing process
- Both athletes and non-athletes will experience a quick recovery time, helping them to return to full activity soon after treatment
- No medication or hospital stays
- Procedures are performed in only 30 minutes, with very little post recovery time
- Many patients are able to return to work the next day
- It’s safe and natural
- Because BMAC injection therapy uses your own body’s cells, the procedure is the most natural form of therapy, making it a low risk for complications.
Conditions BMAC Injection Therapy Can Treat
If you’re experiencing chronic pain, usually this means that there is not enough blood supply, healing potential or regenerative cells to repair the damage that is causing the pain. BMAC injections will provide the area with a supply of regenerative cells that have the ability to replicate different types of tissue, depending on what is being healed.
BMAC injections are great for treating moderate to severe orthopedic conditions.
The following are just some of the conditions that these injections can treat:
- Severe Arthritis (shoulder, knee, hip, etc.)
- Tennis or Golfer’s Elbow
- Meniscus tears
- Lower back pain due to disc herniation
- Rotator cuff injuries
Contact Us to See if this Treatment is Right For You
Recent News & Updates
“ACCORDING TO A STUDY published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 20% of U.S. adults live with chronic…
In order for our bodies to function properly, without issues or without pain, we need to ensure we are exercising…
Back pain is one of the more common physical ailments that doctors and specialists treat, and it can show itself…
We offer the following Interventional Pain Management and Spine Treatment Options:
- Amputee Care
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection with Contrast
- Cervical Radiofrequency Neurotomy
- Cervical Selective Nerve Root Block
- Epidural Steroid Injection – Lumbar
- Epidural Steroid Injection – Cervical
- Facet Joint Injection – Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar
- Ganglion Impar Block
- Genicular Nerve Ablation
- Genicular Nerve Block Joint Injection – Knee, Hip, Sacroiliac
- Joint, Shoulder
- Lumbar Discogram
- Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
- Lumbar Sympathetic Block
- Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection
- Medial Branch Block – Cervical,Thoracic, and Lumbar
- Medication Management
- Occipital Nerve Block
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
- PRP Therapy for Achilles Tendon Pain
- PRP Therapy for Chronic Back Pain
- PRP Therapy for Chronic Knee Pain
- PRP Therapy for Hip Arthritis
- PRP Therapy for Peroneal Tendonitis
- PRP Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
- PRP Therapy for Shoulder Pain
- PRP Therapy for Whiplash
- Radiofrequency Ablation – Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar
- Radiofrequency Neurotomy Cervical Facets
- Radiofrequency Neurotomy Lumbar Facets
- Radiofrequency Neurotomy Thoracic Facets
- Regenerative Medicine
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Stellate Ganglion Block
- Regenerative Medicine Therapy
- Regenerative Medicine Therapy Avascular Necrosis of Hip
- Superior Hypogastric Plexus Block
- Tens Units
- Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection
- Thoracic Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection
- Trigger Point Injection
- Vertebral Augmentation
- Visco-supplimentation for Arthritis Knee